The Delonghi Dedica machines are first attractive because they are compact size, sleek, and aesthetic looks. Today I am going to be talking about the Dedica EC 680M. It is a popular model of this machine. In this Delonghi EC680M DEDICA 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine Review, you will get its benefits, features, pros, and cons.
It takes less space than a toaster. This machine has come with stainless steel and double-wall thermal espresso glasses. So it can heat up to the ideal temperature within 40 seconds.
This machine also brews like a pro. You can get delicious coffee that brews authentic barista-quality beverages. So you get a feel of enjoyment at your favorite coffee house.
The quickness in getting you coffee is amazing! When you turn it on, it only takes you to prepare your coffee within 30 seconds of some of the best coffee you’ve ever had.
In addition, it will make you feel like a professional Barista (with a capital B).
Delonghi EC680M DEDICA Espresso Machine – Features
- A heated mechanism allowing the espresso to come out very quickly and very hot.
- It has a compact size with a large water tank in the back.
- The discrete moveable frother wand that steams and is able to release hot water.
- It has a heating rack on top of the machine actually warms small espresso cups while setting up for the next cup.
- The ease of using and cleaning the machine.
- The measured doses of espresso. You don’t need to watch how fast it comes through. Besides you try to have it stop at the right point When it overflows.
- It is quieter: The Thermo block boiler seems to deliver water in little bursts so the chuntering noise takes some getting used to, but it’s still quieter and non-rattly compared with the Icona and Micalite.
- This machine provides an automatic volume limit. So you do not have to worry about standing around to monitor its brew strength.
Delonghi ec680m Dedica review-Pros:
- Lightweight 2.2 pounds
- 1-liter water tank capacity
- 6 inches space
- Stainless steel material
- 1300 w input power
- Double-wall thermal glass keeping hot
- It can brew like a pro
- The three-in-one filter holder
- Removable water reservoir
- Sleek space-saving design
- Dishwasher safe
- Condensation free
Practice Makes Perfect
Sometimes a few people complain that they are difficult to use. When you buy a new machine, it may happen but as with any new machine, it will work easier and faster and a lot more efficiently if the manual is followed step by step.
Another point to consider is Patience! You will get a definitive learning curve so that you can use this machine!
The machine takes a few extractions to stabilize (as mentioned in the manual).
At first, this machine came out dilute. So the pressure is not enough. However, you will get it after around the 5th extraction. So there will come the perfectly thick crema with the double shot filter basket.
The trick to obtaining such perfectly thick crema is this:
-First heat the filter basket for one round of hot water.
– Dry the portafilter completely.
– Fill up the basket with the coffee ground (for some, two exact scoops might be a bit much which can be shaved off so it can fit the group head properly).
-Give it a good tight tamp down, it doesn’t need to be hard, but quite light.
-You need to make sure it fits into the group head and then press the extraction button immediately. If it stays too long, your grounds might burn from the passive heat.
You should keep in mind the instructions regarding coffee fill weight. It settles on a grind size that more emulates the size you get in a supermarket pre-grind packet. Besides, you are guaranteed to get good crema and taste every time.
You can get the same flavor from the same coffee. Then some reviewers have swapped from double to single expressos in their latte. It ends up saving them a lot of coffee and money over time.
Milk-Delonghi ec680m Dedica review
It is a very favorite part for those that like it with milk! It steams milk beautifully!
You can easily make a delicious microfoam. Suggestion: heat your milk up before putting the steam in it.
Then, press the steam button, place a dish towel around the wand and turn it on until it starts steaming (you’ll just get some hot water at first).
It is a simple way. So you don’t get gunky water in your milk. This mechanism purges (cleans) the wand and then you’ll get steam right away when you start frothing. After you’re done, purge again.
As for steaming milk, some have tried it for hot chocolate, only using the wand in 10-second bursts as advised by the manual. Besides, you have beautiful creamy, warm frothy milk with this machine within a minute.
Cleaning the machine-Delonghi ec680m Dedica
The machine is easy to clean. When you want to establish your routine, it is easier and completely worth it. It can take the wand and the silicone parts.
Some reviewers have dealt with the annoying feature of the descale warning setting off. You can make sure of the type of water. So you can use where you live, whether it is soft or hard, and select the water type appropriately.
This machine works with soft water. Then the machine will ask to be descaled less often. The descaling warning will prevent your machine from overheating and getting burned out.
Pay attention to the warning. It will extend the life of your machine for years if taken care of correctly.
No doubt, you have more opportunities that there are several different types of models to choose from.
Some allow for either single shots, double shots, or pod shots of espresso. It can also have two spouts so that two espresso cups may be filled at the same time if chosen.
Some other models work well sideways at the end of the counter. You can move the handle going on more smoothly and overall looks much more professional.
A few negligible downsides are:
-It has The filter baskets that are on one unit kept falling off the porta-filter
-The space to put the coffee cup to receive the extraction could be taller despite the removable drip tray. But one can simply get a shorter coffee cup that fits.
– There are many users who have been complaining about the quality of the materials that were used to make it. It has a reasonable price, so some would have expected it to be made of strong heavy-duty stainless steel, but it is not.
– The steamer is slightly too bubbly and could do with a longer wand but if you keep it deeply buried in the milk it’s fine. It only runs for a minute before stopping and flashing the coffee buttons which means it got too hot. But When you stop this machine for 5 or 10 seconds, don’t worry it works again.
After all the De’Longhi Dedica Espresso Machine does deliver a great tasting hot cup of espresso and works as described.
The machine definitely has quirks, but it is a great purchase, worth every single cent spent! It is highly recommendable to anyone looking to make coffee for a small number of people at home.
When I can get out of bed in the morning I always enjoy my coffee. I miss it. Besides, I can’t imagine considering a pod machine ever again.